Private Voice Lessons, Singing & Songwriting Classes
I'm a Certified Voice Technician, Contemporary Vocal Coach, a Singer and a Songwriter with 20+ years experience. I teach a variety of modern and old school contemporary styles: Pop, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Americana, Country, Musical Theatre, and Songwriting.
What makes me different than other singing teachers?
Most educated voice teachers are classical leaning, wanting the student to always sound "pretty" leaving out the textures, power and raspy sounds used by commercial pro-singers for fear it is somehow damaging. Not true if done correctly. I can teach you how.
I am out of the box and get results. My lessons are fun, and you'll be making all kinds of quirky noises. So be prepared to laugh a lot while you are replacing the limitation of old habits. My coaching is based on anatomy, acoustics and phonetics (thus the name ZingliZh.) I can help anyone (yes, even you) sing better quicker without hours of classical sounding scale runs. (See Private Lessons Page)
Did you know that your singing voice is a choice?
Were they just born with it? And are you "stuck" with the voice you have. Here's a 9 minute introductory video taken from my Back to Basics Singing Class.
For Beginning Students:
- Pitch - Intonation - Rhythm
- Control of Registers - Increase Range
- Projection - Resonance - Breathing
- Releasing Tension - Overcoming Stage Fright - Body Language
For More Advanced Students:
- Songwriting - Lyrics
- Stage Performance Skills
- Stylizing - Riffs - Improvisation - Harmony - Interpretation
- Timbre & Tonal Coloring - Rasp - Belting
- Zoom me into your recording studio to coach your vocals
- Singing Lessons for your band, group, or choir
More about my training can be found under My Training, and My Bio has more about me personally. The FAQ page will tell you what to expect in a lesson. The Private Lessons page is more information about singing lessons and how to book one.
If you want to experience what I can do to help your singing feel easier and more authentic, come work with me – I’d love to help you discover more about your voice and performing.
Variety of Group On-line Classes
- You Wish You Could Sing Better-Beginner's Class
- WebCam Open Mic Master Class
- Learn to Sing Harmony by Ear (in person or audit on-line)
- How to Hit High Notes Without Straining
- Rock Style Singing Class
- Singing with a Live Rock Band: (in person)
- How to add Rasp/Grit/Distortion safely the right way
- Stylistic Elements Workshop - runs, embellishment, onsets, falloffs, etc.
- Singing Interpretation for Originals Workshop
- Songwriting Lyrics and Melody Class
- Monthy Songwriting Circle
- Write a Song in 6 weeks
- Recording Studio Class - Two Song Demo (in person or audit on-line)
Have you been mislead? That what makes a great singer is: Singing accurately on pitch, perfectly in rhythm, clear diction, strong projection, and good diaphragmatic breath support? Curious why NOT? Come let me bust those myths...
Adding Stylistic Elements - $25
Professionals, Beginners, Adults, Teens, Seniors
Open Mic Webcam Singing Class
Every Tuesday afternoon 1:00-2:30ish PM PT. 8 weeks $115.
Jan 17-March 7th. April 4th-May 23rd.
My open-mic performance singing class for experienced singers who have already taken private lessons with me. Country, Blues, Americana, Rock, Bluegrass, contemporary styles. Originals or covers. More info.
For Audience Member Option, $5 donation via EventBrite
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL BY Feb 14TH SAVE $20 - $275
- Nine weeks. Two parts. Meets once a week. Limited to 10 students.
- Bonus, free 45 minute private session.
- Class starts via a pre-recorded video sent by Jan 18th with pre-class homework due Feb 25th (first Zoom meeting is Feb 27th.)
- Part One Zoom Meetings: Monday Feb 27-Mar 20, 4:30 - 6 pm pt.
- Part Two Zoom Meetings: Monday Apr 3-Apr 24, 4:30 - 6 pm pt.
Enroll Via Eventbrite (or Venmo me $275)
Monthly Online Songwriting Circle
Enroll Via EventBrite (Or Venmo me $15)
Monthly 5:00-6:30ish Day of the week varies. For Singer/songwriters and wannabes. How to get started, how to come up with a melody, or just get feedback. Come share. $15. Or sit in for 1/2 price.
- Wednesday January 11th
- Wednesday February 15th
- Tuesday March 28th
Create your own Karaoke Backing track: