Private Voice Lessons, Singing & Songwriting Classes
I'm a Certified Voice Technician, Contemporary Vocal Coach, a Singer and a Songwriter. I teach a variety of modern and old school contemporary styles: Pop, Rock, Metal, RnB, Jazz, Folk, Americana, Country, Musical Theatre, and Songwriting.
What makes me different than other singing teachers?
Most educated voice teachers are classical leaning, wanting the student to always sound "pretty" leaving out the textures, power and raspy sounds used by commercial pro-singers for fear it is somehow damaging. Not true if done correctly. I can teach you how.
I am out of the box and get results. My lessons are fun, and you'll be making all kinds of quirky noises. So be prepared to laugh a lot while you are replacing the limitation of old habits. My coaching is based on anatomy, acoustics and phonetics. I can help anyone (yes, even you) sing better quicker without hours of classical sounding scale runs.
Did you know that your singing voice is a choice?
Were they just born with it? And are you "stuck" with the voice you have. Here's a 9 minute introductory video taken from my Back to Basics Singing Class.
For Beginning Students:
- Pitch - Intonation - Rhythm
- Control of Registers - Increase Range
- Projection - Resonance - Breathing
- Releasing Tension - Overcoming Stage Fright - Body Language
For More Advanced Students:
- Songwriting - Lyrics
- Stage Performance Skills
- Stylizing - Riffs - Improvisation - Harmony - Interpretation
- Timbre & Tonal Coloring - Rasp - Belting
More about my training can be found under My Training, and My Bio has more about me personally. The FAQ page will tell you what to expect in a lesson. The Private Lessons page is more information about singing lessons and how to book one.
If you want to experience what I can do to help your singing feel easier and more authentic, come work with me – I’d love to help you discover more about your voice and performing.
FALL CLASS Sept-October 2021
Singing Skills for Adult Non-Classical Singers - On-line Class $5 to sit in or $16 to participate
Soloist singing, styles you might hear on the radio, old school to now. Perfect for singer/songwriters or karaoke stars. Beginners, experienced singers and everything in between!
Variety of Group Classes Offered
- Back to Basics Introductory Class
- Singing Skills for Nonclassical Adult Singers
- I Wish I Could Sing Better-Beginner's Class
- Karaoke Singing Skills Class
- Singing Interpretation for Originals and Covers
- Learn to Sing Harmony by Ear
- How to add Rasp/Grit safely the right way
- How to Hit High Notes Without Straining
- WebCam Open Mic Master Class
- Songwriting for Singers - Interactive Workshop
- Songwriting Skills - Tricks and Tips
- Recording Studio Class - Make a Two Song Demo
- Singing with a Live Rock Band: Advanced Performance Class
- Rock Style Singing Class
- On-Site Singing Lessons for your band, group, or choir
- Singing Instructor for Compass Charter Schools.