Private Voice Lessons, Singing & Songwriting Classes
I'm a Certified Voice Technician, Contemporary Vocal Coach, a Singer and a Songwriter with 20+ years experience. I teach a variety of modern and old school contemporary styles: Pop, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Americana, Country, Musical Theatre, and Songwriting.
What makes me different than other singing teachers?
Most educated voice teachers are classical leaning, wanting the student to always sound "pretty" leaving out the textures, power and raspy sounds used by commercial pro-singers for fear it is somehow damaging. Not true if done correctly. I can teach you how.
I am out of the box and get results. My lessons are fun, and you'll be making all kinds of quirky noises. So be prepared to laugh a lot while you are replacing the limitation of old habits. My coaching is based on anatomy, acoustics and phonetics (thus the name ZingliZh.) I can help anyone (yes, even you) sing better quicker without hours of classical sounding scale runs. (See Private Lessons Page)
Did you know that your singing voice is a choice?
Were they just born with it? And are you "stuck" with the voice you have. Here's a 9 minute introductory video taken from my Back to Basics Singing Class.
For Beginning Students:
- Pitch - Intonation - Rhythm
- Control of Registers - Increase Range
- Projection - Resonance - Breathing
- Releasing Tension - Overcoming Stage Fright - Body Language
For More Advanced Students:
- Songwriting - Lyrics
- Stage Performance Skills
- Stylizing - Riffs - Improvisation - Harmony - Interpretation
- Timbre & Tonal Coloring - Rasp - Belting
- Zoom me into your recording studio to coach your vocals
- Singing Lessons for your band, group, or choir
More about my training can be found under My Training, and My Bio has more about me personally. The FAQ page will tell you what to expect in a lesson. The Private Lessons page is more information about singing lessons and how to book one.
If you want to experience what I can do to help your singing feel easier and more authentic, come work with me – I’d love to help you discover more about your voice and performing.
Variety of Group On-line Classes
- You Wish You Could Sing Better-Beginner's Class
- WebCam Open Mic Master Class
- Learn to Sing Harmony by Ear (in person or audit on-line)
- How to Hit High Notes Without Straining
- Rock Style Singing Class
- Singing with a Live Rock Band: (in person)
- How to add Rasp/Grit/Distortion safely the right way
- Stylistic Elements Workshop - runs, embellishment, onsets, falloffs, etc.
- Singing Interpretation for Originals Workshop
- Songwriting Skills - Lyrics and Melody Class
- Write a Song in 6 weeks
- Recording Studio Class - Two Song Demo (in person or audit on-line)
Professionals, Beginners, Adults, Teens, Seniors
Online Songwriting Circle $15
Once a month, reoccurring, 4:30-6:00 pm PDT Next one Thursday July 14th
Get professional and peer feedback on your song, how to get unstuck, and how to fix what isn't quite working. Limited to 6 students submitting songs. Audit option $7.50, sit in and observe. Country, Rock, Americana, Folk, etc. All levels welcome.
Adding Stylistic Elements - $25
Songwriting Skills Video Course $99
Class is Completed, but recordings are available to Audit for $99. Over twelve hours of lessons.
Songwriting Lyrics and Melody Class (Tools and Tricks) teaches you songwriting skills with in-class and homework exercises. I explain how the music and lyrics flow together, why listening to yourself speak is important, and how to create meaningful melodies.