Group Singing Classes & Private Lessons for the Contemporary Artist
My name is Tamis. I'm a Certified Voice Technician, Contemporary Vocal Coach and a Singer/Songwriter. My goal is to train and educate contemporary singers. I teach a variety of styles: Pop, Rock, Metal, RnB, Jazz, Folk, Country, Musical Theatre.
What makes me different than other singing teachers?
One student refers to me as her "voice magician." One tells me I am his "voice mechanic." Why? Because my coaching is based on anatomy, physics and phonetics. I can help anyone learn to sing better, add style, strength and range to any voice. How? I'll have you adjust what you are doing or not doing in a simple but concrete way based on how the voice works. And yes, it gets instant or "magical" results. Then, you will need to practice this "mechanical" adjustment to create new muscle memories.
I created something called: ZingliZh, It's not a "method" as I feel methods are too "one size fits all" like a fad diet. I'm more interested in the individual, and ZingliZh is my Mary Poppin's bag where I pull out seemingly endless things to improve your singing. And it's fun!
Private Singing Lessons
Professionals, Beginners, Adults, Teens, Children, Seniors
$55 a full hour lesson
$40 half hour mini-lesson
For Beginning Students:
- Pitch - Intonation -Rhythm - Interpretation - Body Language
- Overcoming stage fright - Increase range
- Projection - Resonance - Breathing -Releasing Tension
For More Advanced Students:
- Songwriting - Lyrics
- Stage Performance Skills
- Stylizing - Riffs - Improvisation - Harmony
- Timber & Tonal Coloring - Rasp - Belting
- Larynx Positions
- Resonance Adjustment
- Control of Registers
- Advanced Vocal Techniques
I am a singer and a songwriter, but honestly education is my passion: both as a teacher and as a student.
If you want to experience what I can do to help your singing feel easier and more authentic, come and work with me in person or online – I’d love to help you discover more about your voice and performing. New student special is only $35!
Variety of Group Classes Offered
- Back to Basics: Small group environment for beginners focused on Voice Lessons: all styles of music
- Singing with Guitar: Beginning/Intermediate Performance Class, Folk, Country, Rock, Group Songs & Solos
- Musical Theatre: Beginning/Intermediate Performance Class put on a mini-musical: costuming, props, staging
- Singing with a Live Rock Band: Advanced Performance Class, learn rock style singing, rasp included.
- Songwriting Workshop: Lyrics, melody, chord structure. Meets monthly with weekly on-line live lectures.
- Learn to Sing Harmony by Ear
- How to add Rasp/Grit safely the right way
- Intro to Opera Singing Technique
- Christmas Holiday Season Class
If you want something fun and different. If you are ready to take the first step to letting go of doubts and fears and allowing yourself to become the singer you have always wanted to be. If you want to sing with ease and expression but don't want to sound like a classical singer, I'd love to have you as a student. Come sing with us.
My goal for my local group classes is to create a community of like-minded contemporary singers in Marin and Sonoma Counties, who are supportive and will encourage each other, who love to share the gift of song, and who want to continue to grow as vocalists. I also offer one-on-one private lessons.
Coming in Early 2020