Private Voice Lessons, Singing & Songwriting Classes
I'm a Certified Voice Technician, Contemporary Vocal Coach, a Singer and a Songwriter. I teach a variety of modern and old school contemporary styles: Pop, Rock, Metal, RnB, Jazz, Folk, Americana, Country, Musical Theatre, and Songwriting.
What makes me different than other singing teachers?
Most educated voice teachers are classical leaning, wanting the student to always sound "pretty" leaving out the textures and power used by commercial pro-singers for fear it is somehow damaging. Not true if done correctly. I can teach you how.
My coaching is based on anatomy, acoustics and phonetics. I can help anyone learn to sing better, add style, texture, strength and range to any voice without hours of classical sounding scale runs. By unlearning old bad habits and rethinking preconceived ideas about your voice, you'll begin to realize your full singing potential.
Did you know that your singing voice is a choice?
Were they just born with it? And are you "stuck" with the voice you have. Here's a 9 minute introductory video taken from my Back to Basics Singing Class.
For Beginning Students:
- Pitch - Intonation - Rhythm
- Control of Registers - Increase Range
- Projection - Resonance - Breathing
- Releasing Tension - Overcoming Stage Fright - Body Language
For More Advanced Students:
- Songwriting - Lyrics
- Stage Performance Skills
- Stylizing - Riffs - Improvisation - Harmony - Interpretation
- Timbre & Tonal Coloring - Rasp - Belting
More about my training can be found under My Training, and My Bio has more about me personally. The FAQ page will tell you what to expect in a lesson. The Private Lessons page is more information about singing lessons and how to book one.
If you want to experience what I can do to help your singing feel easier and more authentic, come work with me – I’d love to help you discover more about your voice and performing.
SUMMER On-line CLASSES June July August 2021
Tuesdays 4:30-6:15 ish. $20 drop in rate per class session
- First Tuesday of the month - Open-Mic Style On-line Singing Class
- June 1st, July 6th, Aug 3rd,
- Second Tuesday of the month - Songwriting Workshop
- June 8th, July 13th, Aug 10th,
- Third Tuesday of the month - Intro to Rock Singing Styles
- June 15th, July 20th, Aug 17th,
- Fourth Tuesday of the month - Intro to Harmony by Ear
- June 22nd, July 27th, Aug 24th,
- Fifth Tuesday of the month - Singing Originals (and covers) with Interpretation and Stylistic Elements
- June 29th, Aug 31st
Professionals, Beginners, Adults, Teens, Seniors
- $45 - half hour in person mini-lesson
- $50 - 45 minute in person standard lesson
- $65 - full hour in person extended lesson
ON-LINE Zoom pricing:
- $30 - half hour Zoom mini-lesson
- $40 - 45 minute Zoom standard lesson
- $52 - full hour Zoom extended lesson
Summer Packages Special:
$150 Weekly Special -Five Standard 45 minute Lessons - (on-line) 45 minute lessons, one per week. ($200 value)
*May-August.You must have a lesson each week for the discount packages. No roll overs for unused lessons.
Variety of Group Classes Offered
- Back to Basics introductory class
- Learn to Sing Harmony by Ear
- How to add Rasp/Grit safely the right way
- WebCam Open Mic Master Class
- Songwriting Workshop Interactive Webinar
- Recording Studio Class - Make a Two Song Demo
- Musical Theatre Performance Class
- Singing with a Live Rock Band: Advanced Performance Class
- On-Site Singing Lessons for your band, group, or choir
- Singing Instructor for Compass Charter Schools.
What should you look for in a singing teacher?
Do not look for just a great singer as they may not understand what it's like to struggle, or have the education in how the voice actually works. You wouldn't take your car to be fixed by a race car driver. You'd go to a great mechanic.
A good singing teacher is someone who continues to learn, who is both a voice technician and a vocal coach. They are nurturing but not patronizing, and will tell you the truth without discouraging you. Their goal is to help you sound the way you want, not the way they want. A good singing teacher can work with your voice in a way you understand, can get positive results with clear instruction, and of course, feels joy in your success. And provide a safe, fun place to create and grow.
Yeah, my Bitmogi looks exactly like me. HA!